[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikibasha and code signature

A Kumaran A.Kumaran at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 7 11:32:46 UTC 2011

Folks - This is Kumaran, a member of the WikiBhasha team in Microsoft Research India.  I just saw the notes posted in the mails, and I understand the concerns of adding comments, which may have other side effects.  Your point is well taken, though we were not sure if it violated any policies of Wikipedia content creation.  We'd like to stay engaged to resolve it correctly.

Please file a bug in the Bugzilla (https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?component=WikiBhasha) your feedback so this can be tracked.

But let me just clarify the reasons for adding the comment snippet so we could track the articles that were changed by contributors using the tool, and to track if any of the changes made by the tool actually were reverted ultimately.  While the users ultimately take responsibility for adding right content, we also wanted to track the content change made through the tool over a period of time, so we can measure the usefulness of the tool for creating good content.  However, any such feature should ultimately conform to the policies of the respective Wikipedia.

For any issues regarding WikiBhasha, please feel free to contact me or WBTeam at WBMSRI at Microsoft.com<mailto:WBMSRI at Microsoft.com>...  Thanks for the feedback.

A Kumaran
 Multilingual Systems Research
Microsoft Research India
 http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/people/kumarana