[Wikimediaindia-l] Communication from the Executive Committee regarding first meeting

Srikanth Lakshmanan srik.lak at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 18:56:42 UTC 2011

Hearty congratulations to the newly elected office bearers.

Tinu,
The MoA Article[1] VII (7) & (12) would answer some of your questions
related to election of office bearers and to me it seems perfectly within
the frame of things. I think the general members get to vote only after the
current term ends for this team.(Correct me if am wrong).

Well, I do share some of the concerns raised by Tinu on transparency. It is
even more ironical how come such a major change was never
communicated, especially a thread was running on the mailing on the very
same subject of *Chapter* from Jan 30 and no one bothered to update. I feel
the role of chapter has probably not reached well among the community
[questions around edit counts becoming criteria reflect that] and in such a
situation the chapter should communicate more often and more
clearly,openly.However these sort of issues would only further widen the gap
between chapter and community in the negative direction.

While i continue to appreciate the efforts of the folks behind chapter for
spending their valuable time, I would request the EC to add "communicating
to the community in a regular and timely fashion " to the code of
conduct[Article VII (8)] so that members do spend some time in communicating
with the community.

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA-ChapComVer

Regards
Srikanth.L