[Wikimediaindia-l] Hello from AsWiki

Prabhakar Sarma Neog psneog at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:39:38 UTC 2011

My name is Prabhakar Sarma Neog, from Assamese Wikipedia.

The members of Indic wikis have been helping, and inspiring the Assamese
Wikipedia. It was almost dying two years ago, and would have been closed,
if it were not for Shiju Alex and other wikimedians.

We have just opened a mailing list for Assamese Wikipedia, thanks to Shiju,
Naveen, CheritanThiru Abraham and others. We already have a facebook group
but now want to gradually shift major discussions To the new list.

Recently there are talks in Assam wiki about arranging wiki awareness
sessions, workshops etc. to attract and groom more editors and to inspire
the existing ones.. Since we don't have experience, we'll look for other
wikipedians to guide us.

Thank you again for your inspiration,
-Prabhakar