[Wikimediaindia-l] Please add Sanskrit 2003 web font to Sanskrit Wikipedia

ePandit | ई-पण्डित sharma.shrish at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 04:00:02 UTC 2011

In that case please add Sidhanta font to Sanskrit wikipedia, it has most
feature rich font for Sanskrit. (Sanskrit 2003 is better in display)
http://svayambhava.org/index.php/en/sanskrit/fonts

Also it is clearly stated that it can be used as a web font.

*Siddhnata font software (including font variations and Vaidika IME) is
published under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0
Unported License <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/>. Its
Latin and Cyrillic glyph sets (based on DejaVu font can be used according
to free license
<http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=License>. Siddhanta
can be used as a web font.
*

2011/12/14 Srikanth Lakshmanan <srik.lak at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 20:16, ePandit | ई-पण्डित <sharma.shrish at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I just saw that web fonts facility have been added to Indic wikis. On
>> Hindi and Sanskrit wikipedia, there are Lohit Devanagari and Samyak
>> Devanagari fonts.
>>
>> I request to add Sanskrit 2003<http://hi.wikipedia.org/%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%82%E0%A4%B8%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%95%E0%A5%83%E0%A4%A4_%E0%A5%A8%E0%A5%A6%E0%A5%A6%E0%A5%A9>web font to Sanskrit wikipedia (and if possible to other Devanagari script
>> based wikis) because it is the best Unicode font to display Sanskrit text.
>> It is also free, so there is no problem to use it for this purpose.
>

> As far as I could check, it is not a freely licensed font. They are only
> free for personal use. I could not find a clear license statement for it
> though, If you could find it, please point it to us. If its freely
> licensed, please file a bug request here[1]
>
> [1]
> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=MediaWiki%20extensions&component=WebFonts
>
> --
> Regards