[Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd: [WikimediaMobile] First release candidate of Wikipedia Android app

Naveen Francis naveenpf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:44:48 UTC 2011

Wikipedia Android app..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tomasz Finc <tfinc at wikimedia.org>
Date: 12 December 2011 11:50
Subject: [WikimediaMobile] First release candidate of Wikipedia Android app
To: mobile-l <mobile-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

Greetings All,

After many check ins of hard work I'm happy to release RC1 of the
Wikipedia Android application. For those that just want to download
and test follow this link

http://dumps.wikimedia.org/android/WikipediaMobile-RC1.apk (MD5
58b541ff987888bf5a27ee55c1809608) or download the attachement on your
phone.

We need you to teset this extensively and file bugs under
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Wikimedia%20Mobile.
Hammer on these builds mercilessly so that we can get all the kinks
out before our market release. Our Global Development team is really
eager to get this app into our partners hands and we need to get all
the bugs out as quickly as possible.

Key points to test

* Browse as you would normally do on WIFI, 2G, 3G, & no connectivity
* Save an article that your on and then load it as a bookmark. Delete
that bookmark.
* Open your browsing history and load a previous page
* Tap 'near me' and browse articles. Move the map and tap 'redo search
in this area'
* Share a link with someone on twitter or facebook
* Changing your language preference in the Settings menu
* Use a phone that is in a non US local to test other languages like
Hebrew, Japanese, Arabic, etc
* .. and whatever else you may want try out

I've setup a quick wiki page for general feedback @
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Projects/WikipediaMobileAndroidFeedback
(edit away)

There are bound to be bugs but don't think that someone will file them
for you. If you don't file it then chances are that we wont know its
an issue. If your not sure of wether its a bug or not then come join
us on #wikimedia-mobile (freenode) and we'll sort it out.

--tomasz