[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedians Help! Is this an image of Abanindranath Tagore?

Ashwin Baindur ashwin.baindur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:08:38 UTC 2011

The LIFE repository of public domain images has this image on its Google
site

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?imgurl=7cbc71f276cdecd4

The caption is completely botched up by the Life data input guy
(presumably) - it cant be Rabindranath Tagore who sported a beard most of
his life. I suspect it is RT's famous painter nephew  Abanindranath Tagore
(teacher of famous Shantiniketan painter, Nandalal Bose)-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abanindranath_Tagore

Even this blog page says so :

http://www.oldindianphotos.in/2010/04/abanindranath-tagore-famous-artist-of.html

What I'm looking from Bengali Wikipedians is to please help me confirm this
with some kind of proof. This image is p-d India and uploadable to Commons
since Abanindranath died in 1951 at age 80 and this image would be around
when he was around 60.

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur