[Wikimediaindia-l] Sharing insights and experiences from Indian language wiki communities - Nepali

Shiju Alex shiju at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 2 06:45:43 UTC 2011

Dear All,

Today I am sharing the experience of the Nepali Wiki community.

As part of my discussion with Indic language Wikipedians I spoke with
Nepali wikipedians also (Rajesh pandey, Bhawani Gautham, and Saroj Dhakal).
You know all of them since they are active in India list also. Please read
their experiences with the Nepali Wiki projects here.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_-_India_Programs/Indic_Languages/Nepali/Discussions/2011

Nepali with more than 16 million speakers world wide, has more than 3
million speakers in India. Nepali is one of the 22 scheduled languages of
india. The speakers of Nepali are distributed across India, even though a
more concentration of speakers of Nepali language is in North Eastern
India.