[Wikimediaindia-l] Regarding Postage Stamps upload in Commons

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:52:23 UTC 2011

I will answer the first question (regarding stamps)

Here
> <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Madhu_babu_%28Madhusudan_Das%29.jpg>is
> a Postage stamp of Madhusudan Das<http://or.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%AC%AE%E0%AC%A7%E0%AD%81%E0%AC%B8%E0%AD%82%E0%AC%A6%E0%AC%A8_%E0%AC%A6%E0%AC%BE%E0%AC%B8>which was tagged for deletion, Can anyone please help me about this? What's
> the policy for uploading Indian Postage stamps in Wikipedia/Commons?

The deletion tag is appeared because you have used Non-free media
rationale<http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Madhu_babu_%28Madhusudan_Das%29.jpg&diff=prev&oldid=53687542>.
Commons won't permit non-free images. You need to use proper license.

Need to cross the license used in similar stamps.