[Wikimediaindia-l] Choosing topics for Wikipedia for Schools (Offline Ed) - Indian version : #1 Cities

Nikhil Sheth nikhil.js at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:51:15 UTC 2011

Greetings All,

Does anybody know how to extract the permalink of the latest revision of a
wikipedia article - FAST and in bulk?

Request for a tool to any developers out there: Please create a tool such
that if I input a list of titles (all of which are wikipedia articles) -
separated by comma or line whatever you wish, it returns a list of

Example: If input is: Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam

Then the output should be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Andhra_Pradesh&oldid=421762178,
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Arunachal_Pradesh&oldid=421047209,
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Assam&oldid=421372952

Or maybe just:

Andhra Pradesh 421762178, Arunachal Pradesh 421047209, Assam 421372952

Or something of the sort!

We need this for article selection for offline wikipedia for schools
project! Thanks in advance!
Nikhilsheth<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nikhilsheth>(
talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Nikhilsheth#top>)

Cheers,