[Wikimediaindia-l] Proposal: Wiki Marathon

Ravishankar ravidreams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 04:51:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

An idea / proposal for the next Wiki meetups:

There has been lot of talk. So would like to see some action :)

Can we decide a Sunday in next month and call for meetups in all cities at
the same time? This time can be a bit extended the usual duration. Say, 4-6
hours?

During this time, all of us can sit down and do edits in Indian language
Wikis, Indian topics in English Wiki? This way we can engage the onlookers
and convert them to real Wikians. We can also ask people world over to edit
Wiki at the same time. We can see what we have achieved at the end of the
day !

Hope this will be fun and can be done every 3 months.

Regards,

Ravi