[Wikimediaindia-l] indiawikipedia ?

Anirudh Bhati anirudhsbh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 09:18:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:03 AM, CherianTinu Abraham
<tinucherian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please see this website http://www.indiawikipedia.com/
> Do you think the website violates Wikipedia / WMF copyrights ? The site has
> nothing to do with Wikipedia or its cause too.

The website was probably created by a fan who does not understand
trademark law.  Hardly worth giving legal attention to.

(1) The website or the domain name use is non-commercial;
(2) The content does not demonstrate that the website is affiliated to
Wikipedia or sister-projects in any manner;
(3) The website does not use the "Wikipedia" or "Wikimedia" logo.

I think the Foundation should stick to defensive use of trademark law.

anirudh