[Wikimediaindia-l] You will love Erik Zachte for this :)

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 08:47:09 UTC 2010

> Also, Shiju has been putting out India stats for some time now, and (Shiju)
> perhaps you can share/integrate what you do, in terms of depth, article
> quality and editorship with this information - perhaps you can have a
> conversation with Erik about this.

This report is a subset of the report that is already available at
http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/Sitemap.htm

But it is real pain to filter and take the information of only those
languages that we want (in our case, it is Indian language wikis). In fact I
was preparing my monthly report like that only (using the above link) for
the past 3 years.

When I went to Gdansk to attend Wikimania 2010, I met Erik Zachte and we
discussed various topics related to his wonderful site and statistical
reports. During discussion, I mentioned the about the above issue with him.

This special report for Indian languages came out as a result of that
conversation with Erik. He published a post regarding this at
http://infodisiac.com/blog/2010/11/wikipedia-reports-filtered-by-region/

I am happy that he remembered my request and implemented it.

Article quality, page views, edits per article, number of active users, and
so on are part of this new report also.
http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN_India/Sitemap.htm

Shiju