[Wikimediaindia-l] Please provide input for the strategic planning process!

Ganesh Krishnamurthy ganeshkmurthy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 22:19:53 UTC 2010

Philippe/WMF posted this message on the Indian language Wikipedias. I
am cross posting it here to get wider audience:

This message is posted by Philippe
(http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Philippe_(WMF)), on behalf of
Tyler, from the Bridgespan Group:

My name is User:TylerT
(http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:TylerT), and I am a member of
the team from the Bridgespan Group that has been working with the
Wikimedia Foundation throughout its strategic planning process.  As
you may have heard, as part of this process the Foundation has decided
to experiment with making short-term investments to put staff on the
ground and help grow readership and participation across the Wikimedia
projects and languages in a few high-priority places.  The idea of
this pilot program is to determine what works, and what doesn't, and
document those findings. India is one of the places that is being
considered, and we would appreciate any help in understanding the
following:

# What has the Indian Wikimedia Community done in the past year to
increase readership and participation?
# What plans do the Indian Wikimedia Community have to continue to
work on increasing readership and participation?
# What are the greatest challenges the Indian Wikimedia Community
faces in increasing readership and participation?
# How could the Foundation help?
# If the Foundation were to put staff on the ground in India, where
would it make the most sense for them to be located?
# Is there anything else the Foundation should consider when deciding
whether or not to put staff on the ground in India?

You can leave comments for me here, or on my talk page on the strategy
wiki (http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:TylerT), or by
emailing strategy at wikimedia.org.

Thanks in advance for your help!
User:TylerT

PS - please translate and distribute this message to anyone who may be
interested!