[Wikimediaindia-l] Popularising this list

BalaSundaraRaman sundarbecse at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 11:25:30 UTC 2010

Hi all,
In the last meetup, some wikipedians felt that this list and several coordination avenues for Indian Wikipedias get perceived as only for English Wikipedia. To clear this misconception, we decided on the following course of action:
1. Popularising this list in all wikimedia projects (not just Wikipedia) across all Indian languages. I request Jyotis to use his shiny steward tools for this.
2. Meetup announcements etc. shall also be popularised similarly with a home in meta and simultaneous mirrors in wikis. Tinu, please take note of it.
Once we have a good representation, we ll forward important announcements to the respective language lists and village pumps, duly translated.
Sundar