[Wikimediaindia-l] Official Spokespersons for each Indian Language Wiki community

Shiju Alex shijualexonline at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:08:41 UTC 2010

Thanks Ravi for bringing up this topic. I sent a similar mail regarding this
some time back.

Now a days many so called "wikipedians" are popping up here and there
claiming themselves *as the spokesperson of different Indian language wikis*.
The irony is that *none of the Wiki language communities are aware about
these types of developments*. And some of these spokespersons doesn't even
have an account in the respective language wiki.

I know that *Wiki editing* and *Wiki advocacy* are two different topics. But
we, contributors to different language wikipedias, doesn't want some one
outside the Language community taking the responsibility of spokesperson
with out our knowledge.

It is a good idea to appoint a team of active wikians for each language as
the official Spokespersons/contact persons. Let each Wiki language community
decide how it should be represented outside.

Shiju