[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimediaindia-l Digest, Vol 22, Issue 29

Achal Prabhala aprabhala at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:24:35 UTC 2010

On translations and google in particular, my understanding is that it is
up to each Wikipedia community to decide how/if to use translations as a
whole, and whether google's translation tool is useful or not. I'm not
aware of anything that either binds us or restricts us from using
translation technologies, and my guess would be that you should decide
on the basis of your experience. If you'd like to get a broader or
comparative view, my suggestion would be to check in with the Board, ask
Foundation staff members you know, or perhaps post to foundation-l and
see if others have useful experience to share.