[Wikimediaau-l] GLAM-WIKI bursaries

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:54:06 UTC 2009

Dear all,

GLAM-WIKI <http://glam.wikimedia.org.au> registrations are coming along
fantastically. We are nearly fully subscribed with representatives across
the Gallery, Library, Archive and Museum sector as well as many federal
government departments interested in what we are doing. Clearly there is a
demand for information about who we are and what we do from all over the
country and throughout government. It's pretty damn exciting actually!

BUT! Whilst there are over a hundred people from the GLAM community
registered, there are only relatively few from the WIKI community so far.
Given that this event is all about each community learning from the other
this means that it's very important to give those Wikimedians who want to be
able to come the opportunity to do so.

To that end, and thanks to our generous sponsors (and some still to be
announced - watch this space) Wikimedia Australia is announcing the offer of
bursaries to attend GLAM-WIKI for Wikimedians in Australia and New Zealand.*
There are a number of bursaries available and these will *cover the return
airfare cost to Canberra*.

If you would like to apply for this bursary write to the Wikimedia Australia
committee on comm at lists.wikimedia.org.au
Include in the email:
- Your name, username, phone number, the city you would be flying from and
the price cheapest airfare you can find. This might help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canberra_International_Airport#Airlines_and_destinations

- A *brief* statement addressing these two criteria: a) Financial need, and
b) how you would use and disseminate the information you gained at the event
throughout the rest of the Wikimedia community.

*Allocations will begin next weekend* in order to allow recipients to book
their flights and make plans as soon as possible. You may still apply after
this date, but it is possible that the *limited* amount set aside for these
bursaries would have already been fully allocated. Therefore, if you would
like to apply for this - apply early. Please do pass this information on to
others who may be interested.

Sincerely,
Liam Wyatt,
VP Wikimedia Australia, Convener of GLAM-WIKI

*You do *not* need to be a member of Wikimedia Australia to apply. Elected
members of the Wikimedia Australia committee are ineligible. The bursary
will be given by cheque at the registration desk at the event itself.
Recipients must bring a copy of their airline receipt.

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata