[Wikimediaau-l] Update from the committee

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 09:18:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Some good news. We held a committee meeting today and it was well
productive. I will write a more detailed email about this Monday or
Tuesday.

The membership software is basically ready to go. We want to do a bit
more tweaking so the messages actually make sense, and make sure
everyone on the committee has used it, before we let the world loose
on it. So I expect we will open that up within a week.

We also decided to set up two mailing lists specifically for members,
one being an announce list and the other a discussion list. The
announce list will be for official committee--member communications
such as official meeting announcements (not random meetups). By
default members will be subscribed to both, I think.

We also decided to get on the chapter reports bandwagon a la
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/Reports>, so next
week should also bring our report for October.

So, more to come SOON!, but I am sure these tidbits will be welcome in
the meantime.

thanks,
Brianna <secretary hat>

http://modernthings.org/