[Wikimediaau-l] WMA Brochure

Peter Halasz qubero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:05:01 UTC 2008

I like what's been written already on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia/Brochure

But here's my idea for a general layout.. maybe it's too long.

TItle:
"Wikimedia Australia: Knowledge for all Australians"

Contents:
Wikimedia overview:
Wikipedia and other web sites, Popularity, Licensing, Not-for-profit status

About Wikimedia Australia:
Our mission
Our programs: Auslan dictionary, Wikipedia in indigenous languages,
scholarships, research funding, involvement with schools, community
events, collaboration with learning institutions.
(Maybe we should work out what we're actually doing before making a
brochure, but hey, whatever, can leave out our programs for now.
Probably only enough room for bullet points anyway)

Australian Wikipedians:
Spotlight on two or three people who contribute to Wikimedia projects
(and you can too)
(i.e. instead of saying "You can edit!", have a few words from people
who do edit it,  encouraging others to copy them).

URLs:
www.wikimedia.org.au
(should there be others?)

Paper insert:
listing upcoming public activities

Membership options
Detachable membership form

Lastly, I don't know how other people feel, but I'm not a huge fan of
Jimmy Wales quotes. If people disagree with me, I won't start a flame
war and I know he's a co-founder, but I don't see Jimmy Wales taking
on a leadership role for WMA, or being much of a role model, so I'd
rather have an Australian perspective, or at least a less cheesy
quote.

Peter Halasz
User:Pengo