[Wikimediaau-l] Wikipedia Loves Art! photo contest at the Powerhouse Museum

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 14:24:52 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

Greetings from "sister" chapter-in-formation Wikimedia New York City.

We've been looking to follow up on our Wikipedia Take Manhattan events:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Takes_Manhattan

with a museum photography contest.

We've been in touch with the local Brooklyn Museum, and they've in
turn reached out to a number of other world museums that are part of
The Commons on Flickr project:

http://www.flickr.com/commons

The result?  An event planned for February 2009:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Loves_Art

And the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney is one of the institutions that is
interested in this project (it's still in preliminary discussion).

I've put Private Musings as interim contact person just because he has
had dealings with Powerhouse before.  I hope he is interested in
working on Wikipedia Loves Art, but of course this is a project for
everyone in Wikimedia Australia.

Thanks,
Pharos