[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimania 2010?

Zero zero1328 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:55:19 UTC 2008

Make results instead of predictions, basically.

Instead of trying to predict which city could have the best resources
for making a good bid, I think everyone interested should just start
contacting possible sponsors and stuff soon, if not now. After a few
months or something, we'll all have a better idea of what the local
numbers might be for the bid team, and the rates they seem to be going
at. Then we can make a better choice on pooling resources on the most
viable city.

Brisbane has an advantage since they established contacts already, but
there wasn't really alot of people. Having more manpower will help in
the long run, so other cities can still outrun Brisbane.

On 5/22/08, Michelle Gallaway <mgallaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves by discussing voting systems?
> First we actually have to see if there is more than one city that is
> actually interested in putting a bid together!
>
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Gnangarra <gnangarra at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2008/5/19 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Perth people should be used to the fact that Perth may as well be
>>> located on the moon ... there's a reason I moved to London.
>>>

>> Thats good a suggestion we can offer everybody a luna experience, they
>> even
>> fly Virgin to get here.
>>

>>  Gn.

Always here,