[Wikimediaau-l] Letter to the NSW Board of Studies

Confusing Manifestation confusingmanifestation at gmail.com
Thu May 15 14:04:20 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

The NSW Board of Studies has included Wikipedia as a text in an
elective of its 2009-2012 HSC English Syllabus (see
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/english/prescriptions-support-materials.php).
This is obviously a great opportunity for us, and given that I think
they're going to release some more support documents in June or July,
it would be good to get in contact with them before then, whether
we've sorted out our incorporation blues or not (although preferably
so). As such, I've drafted a letter to them, currently at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:ConMan/NSW_BoS_Letter for your
perusal and comment. Once it's presentable, I'll have a little chat
with the interim committee about timing so we can hopefully get it
sent off at around the same time that we have an organisation behind
it.

With a little luck, this will be the beginning of a beautiful
friendship, and a model for cooperation with other state, territory
and federal education departments.

Cheers,

Chris