[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter/SoP update

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:14:25 UTC 2008

Well done Brian - another (crucial) step closer!

So, for those two people that would count as their first year's
membership? Sounds reasonable.

Perhaps, alongside the concession rate, we could also have a
corporate rate? I'm not sure what that would entail in terms of what
benefit it would provide to the corporate member (or even whether
it's allowed within our rules) but I'm sure I could shop the idea
around to the members of the Australia & New Zealand Digital
Encyclopedias Group (ANZDEG). Just a thought...

www.wikipediaweekly.org
Skype - Wittylama
Wikipedia - [[User:Witty lama]]

On 31/07/2008, at 2:33 PM, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 02:19:18PM +1000, Sarah Ewart wrote:
> That's fantastic, Brian. Thank you so much for doing that and for
> all your
> work so far, we wouldn't be here now without you. :)
>
> About that money, you had to pay that today? Shall we take up a
> collection?
> If we each kicked in $20 we'd have it covered.

Yes, I paid it today on the credit card.

No real hurry. We could just kick in our membership fees and that would
cover it. If my fee of $40 is knocked off the total, then we only need
another $73.50. That is just 2 others at the full rate. The committee
needs to decide the concession rate.

Brian.

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Brianna Laugher
> <brianna.laugher at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2008/7/31 Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke at bigpond.net.au>:
>>> As WMA Public Officer I have today lodged our application for
>>> incorporation with Consumer Affairs in Melbourne. It has to be
>>> assessed
>>> by the Registrar - I was told "it has to go upstairs". We should
>>> hear
>>> in about 7 - 10 working days. The guy I saw seemed positive about
>>> it. I
>>> explained about the SoP and he read it very carefully and made no
>>> comment. He also said he had checked that the name was almost
>>> certainly
>>> acceptable. I presume he checked for similar names that might be

           Brian Salter-Duke            b_duke at bigpond.net.au