[Wikimediaau-l] WMAU websites (was: Re: Melbourne Wikimania 2010)

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 15:09:43 UTC 2008

2008/7/28 Angela <beesley at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM, James R. <e.wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also believe we need a web presence also, similar to Wikimedia New Zealand
>> at http://nz.wikimedia.org/.
>>
>> We could get a MediaWiki installed by one of the developers at
>> http://au.wikimedia.org/ and branch off from there; let me know your
>> thoughts and if/when we can put this through (I could organise this).
>
> Most chapters use their own domain. We have wikimedia.org.au. I
> believe the interim committee have found hosting and are planning what
> to do with the website once it moves off meta. It was a while ago I
> heard that though, so it would be useful to have confirmation of
> what's planned.

I am sure WMF will also institute au.wikimedia.org as a redirect when
we have something to show.

We have started set up of an "official site". I will let Daniel
comment on when it might be ready for unveiling since he was doing
some work on that.

I was thinking it might be cool to have
http://members.wikimedia.org.au/ for members to use as a working
space. Then there would be a nice separation between "official" pages
and works-in-progress.
However it might be wiki overkill. For just about any purpose I can
think of for memberswiki, meta would also be appropriate.

We also set up a committee wiki which will be very useful for keeping
contacts and records etc over the years.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/