[Wikimediaau-l] Wikipedia and schools

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 03:45:03 UTC 2008

> My answer right now to the question 'should wikipedia be available in
> schools' is 'no' - I'd be interested to hear yours.
> Peter
> PM.

I find this profoundly saddening. Today is filled with bad news from all
directions - all the worse for those directions being from places where you
didn't think bad news would come from. If someone such as yourself, who is
intimately aware of the promise and possibilities of Wiki*edia (as well as
its pitfalls), does not believe that it - an educational project - should be
used in our educational facilities then why do we even bother?

- Liam

Email - liamwyatt at gmail.com
Phone - +61 (0)434 056 914
Skype - Wittylama