[Wikimediaau-l] English Teachers' Association presentation

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Mon Dec 1 13:14:03 UTC 2008

Liam,

This seems a commonsense approach, and I endorse it.  Obviously, I think
that giving these talks to relevant educational institutions is a productive
use of our time, and it should be a duly authorised representative of WM-au
rather than plain old Craig Franklin doing the contacting and setting these
discussions up.  I think we're going to look a lot more professional and
have a better chance of success doing this than just having "some guy" show
up and offer to give a talk.  I think it's probably best that the Education
Department (whichever one it is) makes a request of the chapter, and then
they send out the appropriate person, after all of the checks are done.

Obviously, given the above, I am willing to volunteer my time to do this in
southeast Queensland, I'm just not going to contact EQ without us first
working out a strategy for making contact (unless we've already been
contacted by EQ/DETA, does anyone know?)

Regards,
Craig F.

Craig Franklin
PO Box 1093