[Wikimedia Announcements] Open Access, January 2011 issue, from Wikimedia UK

Michael Peel michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk
Sun Jan 9 19:34:45 UTC 2011

Welcome to the first issue of Open Access, a revived Wikimedia UK newsletter reporting on the activities of the UK chapter, members and supporters and on all matters of interest to them. This month, we have a number of dates for your diary for events celebrating Wikipedia's 10th birthday; features on Yeonpyeong and Visual Arts on Wikipedia; and short summaries of the last Cambridge meet-up, a talk given to the Chartered Institute of Public Relations, and our Microgrants.

Next month, we'll be doing a round-up of recent GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) activity - including the GLAM-WIKI conference that took place at the British Museum last November.

As a Chapter we want members to get involved as this is your newsletter. We want to learn about our members and what they are working on. We want to hear what you think, learn about your ideas on how to improve things for all, or otherwise listen to what you think about the topics covered here. You can leave general comments at the bottom of the wiki page, or send them to the editor (Charles Matthews, on editor at wikimedia.org.uk).