[Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimefia Sverige Chapters report June and July 2011

Jan Ainali jan.ainali at wikimedia.se
Sun Aug 21 17:30:28 UTC 2011

This is the Chapters report for Wikimedia Sverige, June and July 2011. As
always, summers in Sweden are generally quiet.

== Board meeting ==
We had two board meetings, minutes available in Swedish. [1],[2]

== Wikimania ==
Three board members and six other members attended Wikimania. Three of them
got a partial scholarship from the chapter. Two talks were given by chapter
members. [3],[4]

== Upcoming in August==
* 27, Member meeting [5]

== Numbers ==
* Swedish Wikipedia passed 400 000 articles. [6]
* Finnish Wikisource passed 10 000 pages.

== Birdie ==
On the weekend 3-6 jun we had a booth on the LAN Birdie. [7]

== Photohunt ==
Sponsored by Cloudberry (a Nordic council funded Creative Commons project)
we made a photohunt in Norrtälje municipality.[8] Around 500 images is
uploaded to commons as of now. [9]

== The Nobel museum ==
We have initiated a cooperation with the Nobel museum and tarted with a
backstag pass where 6 Wikipedians got access to the research library and
curators.

== Hack4Europe ==
We took part in the Europeana hackathon and integrated search results from
Europeana in the Free Image Search Tool (FIST).[10] Video presentation in
English. [11]

== Links ==
*[1] http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6tesprotokoll/Protokoll_2011-06-13
*[2] http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6tesprotokoll/Protokoll_2011-07-11