[Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Hungary Report for March 2011

Bence Damokos bence.damokos at wiki.media.hu
Thu Aug 18 20:09:01 UTC 2011

Dear all,
Wikimedia Hungary is working through its backlog of English reports. Please
find the report for March at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikim%C3%A9dia_Magyarorsz%C3%A1g/March_2011,
and copied below for your convenience. For more up-to-date information, we
recommend following our blog (in Hungarian) at: http://blog.wikimedia.hu, we
are happy to answer questions if your favourite machine translation service
should fail you.

Best regards,
--
Bence Damokos
Wikimedia Hungary

*Wikimedia Hungary Report*
*Vol 4 Issue 3*
*March 2011*
*Prepared by: Bence Damokos*

This is an update on Wikimédia Magyarország's activities covering March
2011.
International

   - 2: Board members participated in an online IRC meeting with their
   colleagues from Poland and the Czech Republic, facilitated by Moushira from
   the Wikimedia Foundation.
   - 25-28: Gábor and Bence, our board members participated in the annual
   chapters meeting in Berlin. The meeting was organized by Wikimedia
   Deutschland, Bence participated in the organization by putting together the
   programme and inviting the attendees.
   As part of the conference, Gábor presented on Wikimedia Hungary's
   activities in the preceding year. The state of the chapter presentation is
   available at: https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dcd7gw76_35gdmrfzgs
    .

Toolserver

We arranged for hosting for our new server. (See February coverage at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikim%C3%A9dia_Magyarorsz%C3%A1g/February_2011#Toolserver
)
 Sztakipedia

One of our members has been working on a project called Sztakipedia that
would enhance the editing experience on Wikipedia by providing category,
internal link and reference suggestions.

As part of this work, a user survey was conducted in March. A demo and
further information on the project is available at: http://pedia.sztaki.hu (in
English and Hungarian), results of the survey (in Hungarian) at:
http://pedia.sztaki.hu/survey_result_hu.html
 Meetings

   - 7: We held a small meeting to discuss the marketing needs and
   possibilities of the Wikimedia projects and Wikimedia Hungary's possible
   role in that.
   - Our president met with a local stock photo agency to discuss their
   policy with regard to public domain images that are present both in their
   database as well as Wikimedia Commons.

Fundraising

Wikimedia Hungary participated in the 2009/10 Fundraising, and as part of
the agreement agreed to transfer half of the revenue collected to the
Wikimedia Foundation.

In the Fundraiser Wikimedia Hungary collected 5.7 million forints, and out
of that transferred $11 210.66 to the Wikimedia Foundation. Following the
end of the fundraiser, our donation revenue for March was 8521 forints.
 Small grants programme

Wikimedia Hungary has approved a small grant to purchase an orthographic
dictionary and detailed Hungarian grammar to help one bot programmer in his
work on the Hungarian Wikipedia.

A report on the effect of the grant (in Hungarian) is available in our
blog:
http://huwiki.blogspot.com/2011/07/koltsegteritesi-palyazat-wikipedia.html