[Wikimedia NYC] Wednesday meet-and-greet for Wikimedia New York City and a special guest

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:04:17 UTC 2008

---Let me apologize about my previous message.  The event is Wednesday
evening Dec 3, -not- Thursday Dec 4.  I made an error earlier.---

Sorry to put this up on such short notice.

This will be a mini-meetup on Wednesday (a little like the September
meeting) with a special guest:

Jay Walsh, Head of Communications for the Wikimedia Foundation, who's
in town for just a few days, and would like to meet with some of us as
we make progress to becoming an official chapter, and just to hang out
with local Wikimedians (he asked us to hold this meeting).

He's also been dealing with the Wikimedia Foundation end of our
February "Wikipedia Loves Art" project, coordinated in New York City
with the Brooklyn Museum, and we can talk about this project as well.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/wikipedia_loves_art/

This will be a little more intimate, not quite a "full-scale" meet up,
but we'd love to have you!

---The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 12/3/2008 at 6:30 PM.----

The meeting will be at The Symposium restaurant

http://www.geocities.com/symposiumrestaurant/

at 6:30 PM this Wednesday (2008-12-03).

This is the same venue right by Columbia University where we have held
our Wikimedia New York City dinners in the past.

Also, it is still possible that details may change in future; but
remain assured we will update this list on any changes.

After dinner, we may as well walk over to the Free Culture-themed
event on Illegal Downloading and copyright law scheduled at 8 PM:

http://cupolitics.org/

taking place at the Columbia University campus, and partly organized
by our friends at Free Culture Columbia and in the broader NYC Free
Culture community.

After the panel, some of the Free Culture folks might also organize an
outing at a nearby bar.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)