[Wikimedia-SF] South Bay meetup June 3 (was Fwd: Register Now: PLATO at 50- Seeing the Future Through the Past)

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Sun May 9 18:03:18 UTC 2010

Phoebe sent the event below months ago. They've made some adjustments
to their program and made it more specific at
http://www.computerhistory.org/events/listing/plato-at-50/

I'm most interested in Program 4 on June 3 at 1:30 (Online Education &
Courseware) but I expect Program 6 at 4pm on online communities will
be more interesting to most Wikimedians.  The number of really smart
people in the bay area who think the WELL was the first online
community is surprising, and the information they will be presenting
about PLATO in the early 1960s should be fascinating.

Do we want to make a meet-up out of it afterward, next door at
http://www.mvpizzeriaventi.com/ ?  If so, would 6:00 or 6:30 be
better?