[Wikimedia-l] WMF employee writing articles for $300

Russavia russavia.wikipedia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 00:23:01 UTC 2014

No idea Craig, but http://i.imgur.com/iYBNjhH.png does say that she last
worked on 23 December, which would loosely tie in with edit timeframes on
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sally_Hogshead&action=history

It should also be noted that the article was previously deleted as per
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&page=Sally+Hogsheadin
2010. Sally Hogshead (so it would seem) was subjected to a sockpuppet
case at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Sallyhogshead/Archiveon
the very day that the previous article was deleted.

So it shouldn't surprise us that Sally would turn to paying for an
experienced editor to write her promo bio. The article as it reads today
reads like a typical puff piece posing as a Wikipedia article. The sourcing
obviously leaves a lot to be desired, largely made up of interviews and the
like.

Perhaps Sarah could explain herself on list here, I believe she is on it.
If this isn't the article in question, I am sure she will explain which
article for an individual she was paid $300. Personally, I believe Sarah is
short changing herself, such work should cost more than $300, and I don't
care if she is engaging in paid editing, but given that the WMF is now
resorting to the ED putting out press releases and issuing cease-and-desist
letters, she surely knows that as an employee of the WMF she is in either a
precarious position here, or in a prime position to advocate for paid
editing and explain why it's not all that bad. I hope she takes the latter
route :)

Cheers,

Russavia