[Wikimedia-l] Media Release about WMAU's collaboration with the Australian Paralympic Movement

Craig Franklin cfranklin at halonetwork.net
Sun Sep 29 00:43:16 UTC 2013

Hi All,

As you may be aware, Wikimedia Australia (WMAU) has been working for a
period of time now to improve the quality of coverage on Wikimedia projects
of Paralympic and disabled sports.  A joint project between WMAU, the
Australian Paralympic Committee (APC) and the University of Queensland (UQ)
has recently been successful in attracting funding from the Australian
Research Council.

Our friends at UQ have issued a media release on behalf of those involved
in the project that gives a bit of background as to what it's all about and
what we hope to achieve:

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/index.html?article=26747

At WMAU, we feel that apart from making more information available on
Wikimedia on this often neglected area, projects like this one have a role
in increasing diversity on our projects, in this case, encouraging more
disabled people to participate by providing outreach and editing workshops
focusing on a topic that is of interest to many of them.

Regards,
Craig Franklin
President - Wikimedia Australia