[Wikimedia-l] Affiliations Commitee Wikimania Report

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:49:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

This summer has been filled with vibrant anticipation for many of you (and
all of us) about the outcomes of the Affiliations Committee's annual
meeting at Wikimania, and more importantly the lodging choice.

Today, as the last days of summer approach, I would like to provide you
with an update: we have published a report of the meeting at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Budget_request_for_2013_annual_meeting_%E2%80%93_April_2013#Public_report

As regards the hotel choice: we had no influence on the matter, but despite
original assumptions, we were  assigned to a different hotel than the one
most of the WMF staff was in...

Let me know if you have any questions.
Also, if you feel like the topics on AffCom's plate interest you, we are
always looking for new members:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Affiliations_Committee#Future_members

Best regards,
Bence