[Wikimedia-l] Chapters Dialogue – On the Road

Nicole Ebber nicole.ebber at wikimedia.de
Wed Sep 18 12:58:38 UTC 2013

Dear Wikimedians,

Kira (as the project manager) and I (project lead) would like to give
you a brief update on what happened and what’s next for the Chapters
Dialogue project.[1]

Fun first: We now have a Facebook page where we share news, insights
and pics pics pics from our tour around the world.[2] If you’re not on
Facebook, don’t worry: The central spot for all information and
reports, of course, still is the Meta page which we are currently
refurbishing.

== Wikimania and interviews ==
During Wikimania, we took the chance to talk to many of you and were
quite happy with all the interest and positive feedback. Kira already
run the first interviews and posted the some insights on Meta.[3]
Thanks to everyone who took the time to speak with us!

According to the input we gathered throughout Wikimania and the
following discussions, we have updated the questionnaires for chapters
and stakeholders. Since we are collecting more stories than data, this
list of questions is not a standardised questionnaire, but rather a
guideline for the interviews.[4]

== Chapters Dialogue Tour ==
The tour around the world already kicked-off. At the moment, Kira is
in the Netherlands, interviewing the Dutch chapter, Lodewijk Gelauff
and Jan-Bart de Vreede (pics on FB!). Coming up are interviews with
chapters in Switzerland, Austria, Italy and France, followed by
attendance at the Iberoconf in Mexiko and the CEE meeting in Slovakia.
Don’t worry if your organisation is not listed here or you haven’t
been contacted yet: We are in the process of further travel and
videocall planning and will get in touch soon! Tourdates are regularly
updated on Meta.[5]

== What’s next ==
Wikimedia Deutschland aims to share stories and revive the dialogue
already in the course of the ongoing project. In the interviews, Kira
is asking chapters about lessons they have learnt and want to share as
well as challenges they need to solve and where they feel they can
learn from others. Publishing the first answers in the coming weeks
can be a starting point for the dialogue between movement entities,
and motivate them to exchange knowledge and learn from each other.

And of course, the project will not just end after the observe,
understand and analysis phase. Depending on the results of the
project, we will define next steps and encourage more entities to join
in and make use of the outcomes.

As always, your input is highly appreciated. Should you have questions
or feedback, feel free to get in touch anytime.

Nicole

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_Dialogue
[2] https://www.facebook.com/chaptersdialogue
[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_Dialogue#Some_insights_from_the_first_interviews
[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_Dialogue/Questionnaire
[5] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapters_Dialogue#Chapters_Dialogue_Tourdates_-_coming_up_next

--
Nicole Ebber
International Affairs

Tel. +49 30 219158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das