[Wikimedia-l] letter from the FDC to the WMF

Dariusz Jemielniak darekj at alk.edu.pl
Tue Oct 22 11:00:49 UTC 2013

hello,

below I'm copying the letter I've just sent to Sue on behalf of the Funds
Dissemination Committee, related to the way we see WMF should participate
in the FDC process.

A little background:

In the first year, the WMF submitted part of its annual plan 2012-2013
budget as its proposal to the FDC. WMF also submitted the proposal for its
current fiscal year, so when the proposal was funded, implementation of
that plan had been ongoing for six months. Reviewing a partial plan and
after implementation had started was ultimately not deemed viable neither
by the FDC nor by WMF.

In April 2013 the Board, WMF and FDC agreed that WMF budget for 2013-2014
should not be handled by FDC in Round 1 2013-2014, in order not to repeat
to discuss a plan under implementation. Instead it was agreed that FDC
should discuss WMF budget in Round 2 2013-2014, in this case then the WMF
budget for 2014-2015.

After internal considerations within FDC and discussion with key
stakeholders including Sue herself, FDC has now taken the below position
regarding WMF participation in FDC process.

best,

Dariusz Jemielniak ("pundit")