[Wikimedia-l] Rules of engagement for companies in Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish?

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 05:52:09 UTC 2013

Thanks all!

Surprising as it might seem for a company our size, we don't have any
consultants polishing our Wikipedia pages.

I'm not in communications at all: I'm in R&D, but our Corporate
Communications team really does want to act in good faith, which is
why they started talking to me: they're trying to understand the rules
before doing anything, and I want to help them connect with the right
people in the projects, and help them figure out how they're allowed
to contribute responsibly and openly.

Kind regards,

David

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Johan Jönsson <brevlistor at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/10/21 David Richfield <davidrichfield at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi all,
>>

> For Swedish Wikipedia, as I understand our consensus and relevant texts
> (WP:IK, WP:Användarkonto, WP:Att skriva om näringsliv, företag och
> varumärken):
>
> When I'm not editing Wikimedia projects, I work for Mondelez
>> International, and our Social Media team has contacted me for advice
>> on responsible engagement with Wikipedia.  I know that different
>> language projects have different rules on whether company
>> representatives should:
>>
>> * Edit pages directly or only ever edit talk pages
>>

> Talk pages only, please.
>
> * Edit under their own names or under company names
>>

> Their own names (or pseudonyms). We discourage company names as user names.
>
> //Johan Jönsson
> --
> http://vetsaga.se

David Richfield