[Wikimedia-l] Invalid security certificate for en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 3 00:49:23 UTC 2013

On 02/10/13 05:56, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> Yes, beta can't currently really be used unless you manually confirm
> certificates. (Which, by the way, you should never do on any website.)

Why not? Self-signed certificates are as secure as plain HTTP, which
you would think would be good enough for most people for connecting to
a test wiki. We give all sorts of people access to labs, so a proper
certificate for *.wmflabs.org shouldn't give you much additional
confidence.

-- Tim Starling