[Wikimedia-l] Which Wikipedias have had large scale bot creation of articles this year?

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 17:48:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 4:56 AM, Gryllida <gryllida at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hopefully your research does not conclude this is a good idea; I had been
> contacted to create such bots multiple times in the past. I had declined
> such queries, as the need in automating this means inefficiency in manual
> content creation. Such inefficiency should be addressed directly instead,
> in the wiki software.

No, we're not exploring doing bot article creation ourselves. I'm simply
trying to understand differences between projects when it comes to article
creation. There are some smaller communities that have relatively large
levels of daily/monthly article creation, and I want to identify which ones
are running bots.

[Using my personal email to follow up, since it's what I usually use on
mailing lists.]

Steven