[Wikimedia-l] September 11 wiki

Victor Grigas vgrigas at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 21 04:09:02 UTC 2013

Tim,

You could start an indiegogo or a kickstarter campaign for this. I'm sure
you'd find funding and volunteers to keep it online. There is also a museum
on the ground zero site that you may want to get in touch with about such
an effort : http://www.911memorial.org/  They may be interested in telling
the story of the Sept11wiki, and possibly keeping it online.

When WP was new and still finding it's character, such efforts like what
you propose were not outside WP's potential scope. I just don't feel that
WP is the place for it currently or in the future.