[Wikimedia-l] WMF Online Store Promotion

Caitlin Cogdill ccogdill at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 8 21:22:33 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

As you may already know, the Wikimedia Foundation supports a small but
growing online store meant to give editors a chance to wear their passion
for Wikipedia in shirts, scarves, backpacks, and more. This November, we
will be running a short campaign for logged-in users in the US only,
spreading the word about the store to those who have not had an opportunity
to check it out. This will result in the display of a small banner at the
top of your page from November 11 through November 15, just as a casual
reminder that we’ve got Wikipedia merchandise at 10% off to keep you warm
while you edit!

While the promotion will only be displayed in the US, all international
users are welcome to order through the store and reap the benefits of the
discount. After we work out the kinks in this campaign, we’ll investigate
the possibility of similar international campaigns in the future.  The
banner is set to show up to each user only two times.  And remember, if you
get tired of seeing the notification, just click the “X” on the banner and
it will disappear.

As always, the proceeds from our online store go toward community events
and our Volunteer Giveaway
Program<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Merchandise_giveaways>,
helping us to recognize fabulous editors who have played an instrumental
role in making Wikipedia what it is today.

If you have any questions about the online store or would like to provide
feedback, feel free to email us at
merchandise at wikimedia.org<feedback at wikimedia.org>,
or fill out this survey <http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1546304-Ayh5Vr2cgO>.

Finally, I'd like to quickly introduce myself as an alternate resource for
questions on anything shop-related. I am a new addition to the WMF team,
working to support the online fundraiser as well as being the primary point
of contact regarding the online store. Shoot me an email if I can be of any
assistance!

Thank you,
Caitlin Cogdill & the Wikimedia Online Fundraising Team

--
Caitlin Cogdill
Fundraiser Program Associate