[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Advocacy Advisory Group open for membership

Stephen LaPorte slaporte at wikimedia.org
Fri May 17 15:48:15 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Are you interested in policy and legislative issues that could affect the
Wikimedia movement? If so, please join the the Advocacy Advisory Group at
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/advocacy_advisors

The Advocacy Advisory Group is an open, public email list that focuses on
legislative advocacy, affiliations, and other related issues. The group
discusses these topics, advises the Wikimedia Foundation on advocacy and
affiliation actions, and shares updates on similar activities by chapters
and other organizations. Additional background is available in the
Foundation's Policy and Political Association Guideline:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Legal_and_Community_Advocacy/Foundation_Policy_and_Political_Affiliations_Guideline

Many thanks,
Stephen

--
Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel

*For legal reasons, I may only serve as an attorney for the Wikimedia
Foundation. This means I may not give legal advice to or serve as a lawyer
for community members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal
capacity.*