[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Florence Devouard anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 21:12:36 UTC 2013

On 5/12/13 10:45 PM, MZMcBride wrote:
> Philippe Beaudette wrote:
>> You want an explanation?  I'm sure that Gayle will offer one. But for
>> the umpteenth time, I was the person pushing the button because
>> someone had to be.
>
> Why did you feel compelled to act here when it wasn't your decision? Was
> there something preventing Gayle from doing this herself?
>
> It's pretty strange to involve yourself in this decision (that wasn't
> yours) and then turn around and say "well why are you pointing at me?!"
> You were raised in a wiki culture, just as I was, where an individual is
> responsible for the actions of his or her account. You obviously felt an
> obligation to act here. What remains unclear is why.
>
> MZMcBride

Why = contractual agreement with his employer. He may have been "raised"
in the wiki culture, he has obligations as staff.

Give Philippe a break MZMcBride. You are obviously unhappy and there are
reasons for that; But giving Philippe the bad ride is not the way to go.
Take a break, drink a tea, grab chocolate, watch a movie, have a walk.
Anything. It is Sunday anyway.

Flo