[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Announcement *please read*

Виктория mstislavl1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:50:24 UTC 2013

 I appreciate what Sue did for the Wikimedia Movement very much, it must
have been very draining and none of us can work without a rest. However, I
cannot help but wonder what other position can be better for fighting
consumerisation, walling-in and freedom curtailment of the Internet than
the position of executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation.

Also very recently the aims of WM Foundation were changed - according to
Sue's plan and pressure - from the movement development to the movement
administrative support, which caused some friction with active wikimedians
and now the Foundation is left to do what? To continue the transformation
into yet another grant dishing organization? Or to change the direction
once again according to  a new director’s plan?