[Wikimedia-l] How do you make a cross wiki message?

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Fri Mar 22 08:55:02 UTC 2013

Hello,

I would like to promote the current brain storm effort on wiktionnaries
future[1] with a cross wiki message, but I don't know how to proceed.

I think it's very important to have a cross chapter implication on this
topic, not only because more people will lead to more bright ideas, but
also and mainly for community management reasons. As you know, each
chapter have it's specificities, and it's important to take account of
them, because they are a part of their respective community sustain.

Now the idea behind the current brainstorm is that we would gain in
normalization and storing cross-chapter information. I don't doubt
people participating on the meta page are well aware of this, but all
wiktionnaries regular contributors should become aware of it. So we can
avoid a situation where some contributors discover that a new way to
organize will compel on all chapters, and that this way of doing things
doesn't match some of their specificities.

So, of course I could go manually accross all chapters, but probably
there's a more efficient way to do it, isn't it?

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary_future

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/