[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Toolserver-l] [TS logo] Fwd: Free as in Wikimedia Foundation

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Wed Mar 20 12:48:29 UTC 2013

Le 2013-03-19 19:59, Samuel Klein a écrit :
> Making sure nobody can use a mark for bad reasons *means* having to
> okay
> proposed uses.  If you want something "everyone can use without
> asking
> for any reason", you'll get something everyone *will* use for reasons
> you wish they wouldn't -- and then have no way to stop them.

It seems like schizophrenic wishes. If you want something "everyone can
use without asking for any reason", then you do also want something
everyone can use even if you don't like what they do with it.

To bring more constructive comments, the more relevant similar case I
am aware of is the debian policy on their official logo. Here are some
relevant links :
http://www.debian.org/logos/
http://www.debian.org/trademark
https://lwn.net/Articles/509124/