[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia (Foundation) endowment

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Thu Mar 14 18:06:51 UTC 2013

Philippe Beaudette wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>> (Particularly looking at you, Philippe, given your work on
>> both the strategic plan and the licensing vote. Gerard's Law and all.
>>;-)
>
>For the record, I didn't do the licensing vote.  :)  Erik gets all the
><s>blame</s> credit for that.  :-)

Hah, my bad. For some reason, I was associating it with you in my head. I
thought you did the strategic plan in 2008 and the licensing update in
2009. Meta-Wiki bears you out, though. Maybe I got the licensing update
vote confused with the image filter referendum? Anyway, sorry about that.

>My feeling would be that the obvious first place to start would be the
>Board of Trustees.  I'd probably start by emailing them and asking them
>what they think.  It seems to me, if I were in your shoes (and I'm
>carefully taking no position here, not because I don't have an opinion but
>because I don't have a considered opinion....), that the response to that
>would drive the next set of actions.

Well, I think a few of the Board of Trustees members read this mailing
list occasionally. Perhaps they'll chime in. I'd not seen
<https://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Endowment>. Thank you kindly for
that. (Now if only strategy.wikimedia.org were folded back into
meta.wikimedia.org so that I had a chance of finding these pages on my
own....)

MZMcBride