[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation's non-disclosure agreement

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Tue Mar 5 23:21:13 UTC 2013

Mono wrote:
>I think it's necessary for the Foundation to both provide a copy and
>explain the necessity of the NDA for transparency and legal/ethical
>reasons, especially if they are asking volunteers to sign them.

Hmm, not just asking, but apparently requiring certain volunteers to sign
them. It's unclear which volunteers are and are not exempt from this
requirement. For example, it seems that Bugzilla administrators are now
required to have signed an NDA, but OTRS volunteers and wiki
administrators are not. Wikimedia stewards... it's unclear, as it is for
many other user volunteer groups (people with access to rt.wikimedia.org,
shell users, et al.).

I suppose we should begin to expand the page on Meta-Wiki. Cunningham's
Law will kick in, as necessary.

MZMcBride