[Wikimedia-l] Open Knowledge Foundation and Wikimedia Foundation

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 1 14:21:33 UTC 2013

(Quick comment - cannot engage in the discussion now)

Fae, thanks for moving this page! I agree with this.

Sarah, I'll be using OKFN wiki, which I've been using since 2011, for
organize the bylaw, board and advisory board. Let's discuss this on
the OKFN channels later, it's a pity I could not go to Cambridge this
year to strongly oppose that. I don't think we (OKFN) should have an
internal wiki (!) and/or close it.

If OKFN stops using its wiki or closes it (I hope we don't!), we
should move the page I started with Kat to meta.

Tom

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Fae <faewik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 March 2013 13:42, Sarah Stierch <sarah.stierch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We're actually even considering making the wiki internal because it's not
>> fruitful for anyone outside of the internal community. So..don't expect much
>> to happen with that wiki space.
>
> I think it would be great to have a public page like this to
> demonstrate our partnerships between the two organizations. It is a
> handy thing to point to, in order to show off some of the stuff our
> global networks of volunteers work together on. It seems a pity to
> only do this on a country-by-country basis.
>
> The UK chapter has a page for active GLAM partnerships
> <https://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cultural_partnerships> and a historical
> record forms part of our Annual Report (the next one will be at
> <https://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/2013_Annual_Report/Partnerships>). I
> think doing something wider like this for a couple of close partners
> is sensible (i.e. those partners where our Mission greatly over-laps),
> so long as it can be maintained and is somewhere where we can find it
> again (!)  ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Fae

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more
useful than a life spent doing nothing."