[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimediach-l] Wikimedia CH is hiring two new staff

Chantal Ebongué chantal.ebongue at wikimedia.ch
Thu Jun 13 09:53:23 UTC 2013

Dear all,

After my decision to resign, the board of WMCH decided to create an hiring
committee (Ilario Valdelli, Frederic Schutz and me) for hiring two staff,
CAO and CSO.

·         The CAO will take care of the RH, administrative and financial
management of the chapter.

·         The so-called Chief Scientific Officer will take care of the
relationships with the GLAMs (or scientific partners). In Switzerland, our
reality is that most of our projects are connected with GLAMs, education and
academic institutions. Scientific involves hard and soft sciences in this
case. It means somebody that can manage projects and be accepted in the
academic and educational field and who knows well the wikimedian tools and
culture.

We want to have a complementary team that can manage together our chapter,
and let the board
 be a board and not waste his tame in operational tasks.

The relationships with the community and WMF as well as the reporting to WMF
will be done by both, but the CSO will coordinate it.

Hope it answers to your questions, and please ask me if there are others !

Chantal Ebongué

Wikimedia CH -  <http://www.wikimedia.ch/> www.wikimedia.ch

Escaliers-du-Marché 2 - 1003 Lausanne - Switzerland

Office +41 (0)21 340 66 20 - cell phone +41 (0)78 744 21 82

Skype : chantal.ebongue - chantal.ebongue at wikimedia.ch